Windows Live Messenger, being an instant messaging application created by Microsoft, allows you to send out messages to other users on your contact list. The best thing about Windows Live Messenger is that you can synchronize it with other platforms such as Xbox 360, Microsoft Zune or your Hotmail account. According to our Microsoft chat support team, activating Windows Live Messenger is a very simple and easy task, and can be done in a matter of few minutes. Well, given below are some simple instructions that will guide you through the process.
Activating Windows Live Messenger
Follow the instructions given below to activate Windows Live Messenger
- In order to start out the process, you need to browse to the Windows Live ID sign up page and type in your desired username and password into the respective text fields there.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the verification code. Type it out in the box provided and click the on the button that is named as I accept after reading the Microsoft service agreement and privacy statement. You have now created your Windows Live ID and it can now be used to link together accounts with all other Windows Live-supported platforms.
- Next up, you need to browse to the Windows Live Messenger download page and select the Download now link and choose to save the Windows Live Messenger software onto your computer. Wait for some time until the software is downloaded completely.
- Once you do that, you need to choose the Open option when the download process is complete. Follow the onscreen instructions given in the setup wizard. You will now be asked by the wizard to create a username and add contacts to your Messenger account. Please note that, here, you can simply use your new Windows Live ID to sign into Messenger directly. When you are done with the setup process, you will have activated your Live Messenger account.
- In case you would like to integrate messaging across your devices, you can synchronize your other Microsoft devices and platforms with your Windows Live ID account. By doing so, you can stay up to date with your Windows Live Messenger.