Removing a toolbar is never a simple task. A computer user, who uses different web browsers on a daily basis, would have used an Ask toolbar at some point. Toolbars are generally introduced by software developer to assist the user in accessing various utilities. However, you might encounter certain toolbars, which often intrude into your computer, without your permission. They perform bizarre activities on your system and annoy you like an adware.
Ask toolbar is one of these adware, which would intrude into your system during the installation of certain software programs. Since the default settings of your system will be altered by Ask toolbar, removing them can turn out to be a headache, if you are a novice.
Most often, Ask toolbar takes control of your default home page and creates difficulty while browsing online. You could make use of an Ask toolbar removal tool to uninstall this toolbar from your system. However, you could also accomplish this task by following certain steps manually. Let us try it out.
Get Ask toolbar removed from Internet Explorer
- Click on Start button on your system and select Run.
- In the Run window, type appwiz.cpl and select OK.
- The programs installed will be listed on the screen and you need to select Ask Toolbar and then, select Remove. This will uninstall Ask toolbar from Internet Explorer.
Get Ask toolbar removed from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and select Tools that you find on top of the window.
- Choose Add-ons and this will open the list of toolbars installed.
- Choose Ask toolbar from the list and select Disable or Uninstall button. This will help you to disable or get rid of Ask toolbar from your web browser.
The above given instructions are quite simple and they would help you uninstall Ask toolbar successfully. You can open your web browser and verify whether the toolbar is still present. If you find Ask toolbar again, you could use an Ask toolbar removal tool that would help you remove Ask toolbar completely from the system.
Computers always face the risk of adware and spyware that could affect their overall performance. It is better to uninstall redundant toolbars from the system and this will help your system to work at a high speed. Folks, you can simply follow the above instructions and get rid of any of the nasty toolbars at the earliest.