Mozilla Firefox is a popular web browser application that you can download for free. The application is designed and maintained by the Mozilla foundation, and is available for a wide range of platforms including Windows, OS X, Linux, and Andriod. It has in its offering all the required features, like tabbed browsing, private browsing, location aware browsing, download manager, live bookmarking etc., for providing a trouble free and effective browsing experience. When it comes to security, it makes use of the sandbox security model. This prevents scripts from having access to data on other websites coming under the same origin policy. For protecting communications with web server having a powerful cryptography, the browser makes use of SSL/TLS.
Having said that, I would now like to divert your attention to the fact that there is a large community of Mac users who are into Mozilla Firefox. Sometimes while using Mozilla on your Mac computer, you might encounter some problems. If that’s the case, you would probably want to uninstall the application from your system. Just follow the step by step instructions mentioned in this article to get it done.
Mozilla Firefox support instructions
1. Start off with these instructions by clicking on the folder titled “Applications” located in the finder. You can find this in the main window.
2. Locate the option which says “Firefox”, drag and drop it in the trash folder. You can skip the following steps and go directly to the last one if you only want to remove the application and not the profile.
3. Continue with this procedure by clicking on the “Go” menu and choose “Home”. The Home menu is displayed. Open the folder titled “Library”. Now you need to open the folder which says “Application Support”. After that open the folder titled “Firefox” and then the folder named “Profiles”.
4. After that, locate the folder with the extension “.default”. Click and drag it to the trash folder.
5. Finally select on the “Finder” menu, and click on the option which says “Empty Trash”. Click on the appropriate option in the pop-up window to confirm your choice.
That’s it, you are done with the uninstalling process of Mozilla Firefox on your Mac computer. The task is relatively easy to perform, but if you are confused about something, you can contact the Mozilla Firefox support team to get further help.