Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client with options for managing emails, contacts and tasks. You probably just access your online account to get your emails, but sometimes you may need to import emails from a file you have saved them to and Microsoft provides the Import and Export Wizard for that. Importing emails should only require a few minutes of your time, and afterward you can read and reply to those emails just like you would to any other.
Given below are the guidelines recommended by the Microsoft help and support team to import emails in Outlook 2007. These are simple instructions and you can complete the procedure within a matter of minutes.
Instructions to import emails in Outlook 2007
- First of all, launch the Microsoft Outlook program in your computer.
- Click on the File menu at the top of the window and select Import and Export... option.
- Select the Import from another program or file option and click Next button.
- Select the correct file type for the emails you are importing and click Next. If you do not know what the file type is, locate the email file, right-click it and select the Properties option. The file type will be displayed next to the words Type of file. In most cases the file is a CSV file or a PST file.
- Click on the Browse button in Outlook Import a File window and then navigate to the email file. Click on the Open button.
- Select the option you prefer regarding duplicates and then click Next. This option controls how Outlook treats duplicate emails it might find when comparing the email file to the existing emails in your Outlook account.
- Select the location you want to import the emails. This is the folder in the Outlook program that the emails will be stored. You can select your Inbox folder or another custom folder if you want.
- Complete the import by simply clicking on the Finish button, if the button is available, or by clicking Next and then Finish.