Microsoft Word is one of the world’s most commonly used word processing tools. It is included in the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Like all the Windows-based applications, the fonts available for use by the users of the application are tied to the operating system’s central Fonts folder. Due to this reason, if you would like to add a new font to the Word program, you will have to add this font to the Window 7’s Fonts folder. This article discusses the steps to add the fonts file to the Fonts folder. Once you know the proper menu command, this task can be performed in a few clicks. The Windows support number tips discussed below will help you to add fonts to the Word program very easily.
- Close the Microsoft Word program if it is open.
- Open the folder that contains the font file you need to add to Microsoft Word and the Windows 7 operating system.
- After that, click on the Windows Start button that is located on the extreme left hand corner of the screen. From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
- Click on the search box that is present at the top-right corner of the window and type in fonts.
- Click on the View Installed Fonts link that is located under the heading Fonts in the search results list. This will open the Fonts folder.
- Go back to the folder you opened in step number 2.
- After reaching the folder, drag and drop the font file into the Fonts folder that you opened in step number 5. This will add the selected font to the Windows central collection of fonts in no time. The next time you open the Microsoft Word program, this font will be available for you to use.
These are the simplest and the easiest steps to add the fonts file to the Fonts folder of the Microsoft Word program. You should be logged in as the administrator of the computer to make these changes and add the fonts file. If you are not comfortable with any of the steps discussed above, you can contact the Windows support number for further assistance. The technician may take remote access of your computer and perform the steps for you.