Open Office is a powerful software suite which is used for word processing, preparing spreadsheets, presentations and graphics. This suite is compatible with the Microsoft Office Suite for enabling the users to sync their files. Most of the Microsoft file extensions are recognized by the Open Office and hence can be imported.
Open Office for Windows 7
As Windows phones are gaining popularity, more business as well as personal users finds it convenient to use Open Office to synchronize their data with their Windows mobile phones. Those who are on a constant move find this extremely useful as they can take their work related stuff like spreadsheets, documents and presentations along with them anywhere they go. One can easily transfer the files through the proprietary Windows Mobile Device Center.
More people seem to prefer Open Office for Microsoft Office these days as people find using Open Office much easier than the Microsoft product. It has got the same functionality as that of the Microsoft’s Suite such as the word processor, spreadsheet creator and slide show presentation maker.
If you want to know how to sync Open Office with your Windows 7 phone, please read on.
- You need to have the Windows Mobile Device Center software in your computer to perform file transfer. Download it from the Windows Mobile official website and save it to your desktop for easy access.
- Run the Windows Mobile Device Center setup wizard and follow the instructions to complete the setup. Restart the computer so that it can recognize the new software.
- Set up the connection by connecting your Windows Mobile to the computer, using the USB cable that came along with your phone, to the USB port.
- Double-click the Windows Mobile Device Center icon to open the program.
- On the screen that appears, click Next and Device Center will establish a connection between your phone and the computer.
- Check Open Office and select those documents and files you want to sync from the drop-down menu. Click Next.
- Now it’s time for the synchronization and you ought to wait till it is completed and click Finish when you get the prompt. Please remember not to disconnect the USB cable during the synchronization process as it may result in data loss or corruption.
Now you have successfully synchronized all your Open Office files in the computer to the Windows mobile phone. You might have realized how convenient it is to use Open Office for Windows 7 in a mobile phone!