When it comes to record keeping and emailing, Microsoft provides excellent applications that can do the job effectively. Two such applications are Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook, which when used in coordination, make things easier.
MS Excel is a multifunctional application that can be used for PST file management, record keeping and other similar activities. Its built-in tools let you do complex calculations easily. MS Outlook is a popular email client application used widely for email management. It also has other features like calendars, task managers, drafts, journals etc., making the user experience more enjoyable.
Microsoft Excel makes it easy to save records and data as Excel spreadsheets. When you save data within Excel sheets, it is easier to search for the information and send them as email attachments. This way, you can easily access theses files from anywhere. It is also possible to send emails to email addresses fed in these excel sheets. However, MS Excel does not allow you to send emails in bulk to multiple contacts. But you can easily overcome this drawback by configuring Excel contacts with your Outlook Address Book.
Converting Excel contacts to Outlook Contacts
To make group emailing convenient and quick, you could convert your MS Excel contacts to Outlook contacts. Here, we will see how to convert Excel to Outlook contacts. The below mentioned steps will let you perform the task easily.
Launch MS Outlook on your computer.
- Go to the File menu, then select the option Import and Export and further select Import from another program.
- Now you need to choose the Microsoft excel 97-2003 format.
- Browse to the Excel file location that you need to import.
- Make sure to enable the option to remove duplicates while importing.
- This will successfully import all Excel contacts to your Outlook Address Book.
Things to be kept in mind while converting Excel contacts to Outlook contacts
- Only versions till 2003 supports importing Excel files.
- Error messages are sometimes displayed while importing Excel files to Outlook.
- It might not work if you change Excel files to CSV file format.
- In addition, there is a possibility that not all details will be imported to Outlook.
There are also third party tools available that can easily convert Excel files to Outlook data. If you have any further doubts on this, contact Microsoft Support Center and get more assistance.